Since first being identified in late-2019 in the Wuhan region of China, coronavirus COVID-19 has spread to dozens of countries around the world.
Here are some of the key details:
- Over 4,628,875 cases have been confirmed.
- Almost 308,660 deaths recorded.
- 213 countries or territories impacted.
- Number of cases “recovering” from symptoms over 1,759,725. Remainder still under observation or quarantine.
- The World Health Organization defined the spread of coronavirus COVID-19 as global “pandemic” from March 11.
The outbreak is inevitably having an enormous impact on the travel industry, ranging from hotel and cruise ship quarantines to airlines halting flights in some regions.
See below for PhocusWire’s live blog, which includes our own extensive coverage, articles and commentary from our sister brands in the Northstar Travel Group (in meetings, retail travel and business travel), WebInTravel, as well as updates from reliable news outlets and official government/agency bulletins.
* Check the World Health Organization’s official page.